I’m proud to announce the launch of IHG’s first Windows Phone 7 application. I personally believe there is a lot of potential for the Windows Phone OS. They may be late to the game, but their initial release, coupled with what they have done with Mango, clearly demonstrates Microsoft’s capabilities and commitment. The agreement Microsoft made with Nokia is going to pay tremendous dividends; Nokia has traditionally provided some great hardware and I expect them to continue that trend. The first Nokia WP7 device, dubbed Searay, looks great. Rumor has it they are working on a QWERTY device as well. (That will be big for users like me.)
I’m not the only one thinking Microsoft has a great opportunity ahead. The IDC is forecasting Windows Phone 7 sales to bypass iPhone sales by 2015.
I continue to be impressed with Microsoft’s aggressiveness as it relates to Windows Phone 7 and I am delighted that IHG has broken ground with the first major hotel chain WP7 app. Here is the official description from the marketplace:
Priority Club® Rewards is now available through your Windows phone. Download the FREE Priority Club Rewards app today and you’ll have immediate access to the entire Priority Club Rewards Family of Brands including InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites.
- Enroll to become a Priority Club Rewards member
- Find and book rooms at over 4,400 hotels worldwide
- Use Priority Club Rewards Points to redeem free Reward Night stays
- Get special rates using your Corporate ID
- Use the credit cards already associated with your Priority Club Rewards account to expedite bookings and store credit cards for future bookings
- Use GPS and interactive maps to easily find hotels near you
- View and cancel upcoming reservations
- View photo galleries and amenities for each hotel
- Click-to-call for each hotel
- View points balance and membership status
- Get access to special offers
Be sure to check it out and post a review.